Ramaiah Intellectual Property Rights Cell (RIPRC) has been established in collaboration with the Karnataka State Council for Science and Technology (KSCST) for creating awareness and management of Intellectual Property (IP) among the institutions under the Gokula Education Trust (GEF). It will be the premier facilitator in research and dissemination of knowledge in the area of IPR for the GEF. Considering the numerous legal compliance required at various stages in recognition and management of IP, Ramaiah College of Law has been nominated as the Nodal agency for RIPRC.
To be a prime facilitator in research and dissemination of knowledge in the area of Intellectual Property Rights, thereby creating an informed Intellectual Property community.
- To promote research and awareness among the stakeholders on different aspects of Intellectual Property Rights
- To create awareness about the importance of protection of intellectual endeavour among the GEF Community;
- To aid the creators for protection and management of intellectual property rights.
- Extending support to potential IP holders from marginalized communities/ individuals to protect their rights.
- To work towards the promotion and preservation of Traditional Knowledge and Geographical Indications.
- To raise awareness and work towards the preservation and promotion of various forms of IP with special reference to Traditional Knowledge, Geographical Indication, etc.,
- To provide a platform for research and to encourage scholarly works in the area of intellectual property rights;
- To help institutions to come up with prudent IP management practices;
- To provide legal aid regarding compliance and a consensual dispute resolution platform regarding IP.
- To be a facilitator between the stakeholder and various governmental organizations working towards the promotion of Intellectual Property Rights.
- To conduct Workshops/ Seminars / Conference/ Public Exhibitions etc.